Unity’s five foundational principles are:
- There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe, God the Good. God is everywhere, a Spirit of Love, Life, Light, Truth, Peace, Substance, Principle, Universal Law, and Divine Mind. God is a gracious and magnanimous energy force that imbues everything.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. Our purpose in life is to express our Divine potential. This Divine essence in humankind was fully expressed in Jesus as the Christ. Unity defines “Christ” as the divinity in all humankind; therefore, Jesus Christ is our Way Shower, the highest expression of a full life expressing its Divine potential.
- Since we are children of God, made in God’s image, we are co-creators with God. We create reality through our thoughts and beliefs.
- As we focus our thoughts and connect with God through prayer and meditation, we align our mind and heart with God’s loving nature. We use denials and affirmations to create a powerful prayer life that lifts us into a higher consciousness.
- As a result of our aligned thoughts, beliefs, words and actions, we live the Truth we know. As we grow in deeper understanding and awareness, we become more loving, more purposeful in becoming the Light of the world and expressing our essential Divine nature into the world.